How to Buy Bikinis Online in South Africa
With the December holidays looming ahead, many of us will be browsing to find the perfect new bikinis online in South Africa. However, where do you even start? After all, you don’t want to buy the wrong style or fit or spend money on a low-quality item. At Lu-May Exclusive Wear, we understand why so many shoppers may hesitate to make an online purchase. But we can point you in the right direction.
5 Tips for Buying Bikinis Online in South Africa
When it comes to shopping for bikinis online, you want to be sure that you are purchasing the highest quality swimwear. After all, it’s important to avoid wardrobe misses or malfunctions when it comes to new swimwear. But traversing the virtual shopping world can be intimidating, especially when you are a novice online shopper who doesn’t know the ins and outs of the online shopping world yet.
Luckily, a few simple tips and tricks that can make shopping for bikinis online in South Africa a convenient and enjoyable experience:
- Narrow down the options. It can already be overwhelming to choose the ideal item when shopping at a physical store. Online, your options are almost limitless and wading through an endless stream of stunning swimsuits can be intimidating. We suggest narrowing down your choices by doing some research. For example, read about what bikinis would be most flattering for your body shape or even choose a specific style that you prefer in advance. That way, you won’t have to traverse the hypothetical online aisles.
- Find Reliable Stores. Unfortunately, when it comes to buying bikinis online in South Africa, not all stores end up being trustworthy or efficient. There’s nothing more frustrating than ordering and paying for an item online only to realise it is a low-quality product. This travesty can be avoided by first visiting the online shop in question and browsing to make sure they list all the necessary information, like contact details and terms and conditions. It’s also helpful to check their social media accounts (like Facebook or Instagram) and read what previous customers have said about them.
- Check the Cut, Style, and Material. When buying bikinis online in South Africa, there are important factors that you have to be sure of, namely the cut, style, and material used. Firstly, know which cut and style you are looking for and what suits your body best. Cross-reference this with the images that the website provides. When it comes to the material, polyester fabrics, blended with lycra, tend to be the most durable and anything elastic can stretch significantly after a few wears.
- Check the Terms and Conditions. Even if you have chosen a reputable store to shop at, sometimes you may still need to return an item. Make sure you are aware of the store’s delivery and returns Another reason to pay attention to these details is so you know what to expect from the delivery process. For example, Lu-May Exclusive Wear ships nationwide, which means that you don’t need to be in the Pretoria area to get your items delivered to your door. We also allow up to five days to return any swimwear items.
- Try Out Different Sizes. Since you can’t try on your bikini online, it may be a good idea to buy your chosen swimsuit in two different sizes. We’d suggest choosing one in your normal size and one that is slightly larger or smaller (depending on the style). Remember that not all stores size items exactly the same, so it is important to give yourself the chance to find your ideal fit (again, keep the store’s return policy in mind).