Trends for Ladies Swimwear in South Africa
The rainy season signals the start of swimming season – if you believe the old wives’ tale. All you need now is new ladies swimwear in South Africa.
It doesn’t really help to start shopping without knowing what’s trending in the swimwear world. After all, you want to cool off in the pool and look cool while doing it. At Lu-May Exclusive Wear, we make it our business to know what’s “in” so that you can shop the top trends with true peace of mind.
What’s Trending in Ladies Swimwear in South Africa?
For this list, we have scoured the internet and social media. We have kept our eyes on the beach and poolside fashion that the top influencers and sexy celebrities have been rocking.
- Lady in Red. Of all the colours, the most passionate and sexy must be red. What’s so brilliant about the red comeback is that it matches any skin tone and comes in a variety of shades. From bright blood-red to deep magenta, your options are limitless. If you really want to stand out this summer, we’d recommend checking out our red Pom Pom Mesh Insert High Waist Bikini or the Ruby One Shoulder Side Ruched One Piece.
- Just Cut it Out. Will a cut-out swimsuit ever truly go out of style? We don’t think so. It’s the perfect combination of stylish and discreet. This style suits any body type and can be flattering on anyone. Simply choose where you want the cut-out piece to be. For example, maybe you’re proud of your toned abs and would like to show them off, then wear the Hayley Halter Cut Out Monokini. Or maybe you want to emphasise your curves, then you can rock the Florida Cut Out Monokini.
- Love the Triangles. Some pieces become classics for a reason and that is definitely the case with the traditional triangle bikini. Since they usually feature strings that can be tied, they tend to be more adjustable. Also, depending on the style you choose the triangles themselves can either be larger or smaller, meaning you can feel comfortable no matter your bust size. Our personal favourites here at Lu-May are the Paradise Triangle Bikini and the Zanzibar Triangle Mid-cut Bikini.
- Give Us a Roar. Another trend in ladies swimwear in South Africa that never seems to fade is bold and gorgeous animal prints. If you like to show off your wild side, then wearing funky animal prints will leave you looking fierce. Try pieces like the Animal High-neck Tankini Set or the Angelina Plunging Halter Neck One Piece.
- Let’s Get Low. One trend we’ve seen truly taking over on Instagram is the low- or open-back one-piece and we can understand why. Not only is it very flattering, but it also shows off just enough without leaving you feeling over-exposed. It is a practical, but pretty, option for those who would prefer active beach days instead of lounging in the sun. Our top picks for the season would have to be the Tiffany Open Back One Piece and the Heather Hollow Out Backless One Piece.
If you are looking for the top trends in ladies swimwear in South Africa, contact us today to enjoy our wide selection of summer wear. We also offer nationwide shipping, adding to the convenience of shopping with us.