How to Wear Summer Dresses
Every year, with the rise in temperature, comes the seasonal rise in hemlines. It’s finally time to wear cute summer dresses and, at Lu-May Exclusive Wear, we couldn’t be more excited. Summer dresses are some of the most versatile items of clothing in a woman’s wardrobe, as long as you know what to do with them.
Stylish Trends for Summer Dresses
Though they are some of the simplest items of clothing that are easy and convenient to wear, there is much more to summer dresses than meets the eye. There are different styles, colours and patterns to consider, and how you can accessorise them.
Let Lu-May guide you through spot-on trends this season so that your summer dresses will always be a fashion hit.
- Change the Pace with Lace: If your personal style embodies chic sophistication and feminine elegance, then adding lace dresses to your summer wardrobe is a great option. This could mean a dress entirely made of lace or simply a piece with lacy details here and there. If you prefer more subtle touches, view the Beach Wedding Lace Bodice Mini or the Amanda Shoulder Lace Mini.
- Pretty in Pastels: Pastels are one of our favourite colour trends! It’s the perfect way to embrace your feminine side and will leave you feeling confidently flirty all day. If you want to make a bolder statement, try mixing pastels. Our top pick this season is the baby blue Honeymoon Dreams Mini Dress. Style it with the Layla-520 Alice Band for a chic daytime look.
- Put Your Heels Up: Many tend to associate summer dresses with casual looks. The good news is that they can be dressed up with high heels and accessories to transform into a stunning nighttime outfit. Just take our Breakfast in Paris Mini dress, which is perfect for a wedding, date or special occasion when paired with stylish heels.
- Happy in Hats: Summer calls for all-day sun protection and a trendy hat can be the solution. Not only will it protect your face from those damaging rays, but it can also add that something extra to your outfit. If you wear the Layla-568 with the Sunshine Yellow Ribbed Tank Mini dress, we can guarantee you’ll look super fashionable and avoid sunburn in the process.
- Sleek and Sleeveless: It can become tedious to look fresh and in vogue during the hottest parts of the season. Opt for a flowy sleeveless item to keep you cool. Try the Something in the Orange Cut-out Bodycon dress if you prefer a more fitted option. But, if a casual look for day-to-day is more your style, you could consider our High Neck Casual Cover dress.
- White is Sometimes Right: Many of us avoid wearing white for a multitude of reasons, but white is one of the most versatile colours as it can be dressed up or down and pairs well with most colours. A white dress can add an extra touch of drama to an elegant occasion or a romantic, flowy feel to your daytime look. Keep the charm flowing with the Bali Puff Sleeve Open Back Mini dress or host a classy high tea event in the Beautiful Beauty Swiss Dot Mini.
If you want to live your best life this summer in a fun, fashionable summertime wardrobe staples, shop for your favourite summer dresses at Lu-May Exclusive Wear. For your added convenience, we offer nationwide shipping if you live in SA. Also, enjoy free shipping if your purchase is R1000 or more! You can also contact us for further assistance