The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Perfect Plus Size Swimwear
Shopping for swimwear can be a daunting task at the best of times, and shopping for plus size swimwear can be even worse. But what if it didn’t have to be so difficult to find the perfect swimwear for your body type? At Lu-May Exclusive Wear, we believe every single woman is gorgeous, and every body type should be adored. So, say “no” to limited choices and shopping anxiety and let us guide you through the best plus size swimwear shopping tips for the ultimate fun shopping experience.
Tips for Plus Size Swimwear Shopping
While shopping stress can influence us all at one point or another, there’s no reason for it to dampen your swimsuit shopping experience. Let’s explore ways in which we can make your swimwear shopping spree easier and more fun with these helpful guidelines:
- Don’t Shun the Bikini. Plus size swimwear should not be limited to one-piece swimsuits. Start exploring your options and embrace your gorgeous curves by giving a bikini a try. Try on some different styles to see what you feel good in. Yes, that’s right! There are many bikini styles to choose from depending on what you need. For more bust support, try a halter neck top, like the So Sporty Halter Neck Bikini. If you want to highlight your curves properly, consider a high-waist bottom, like our Pom Pom Mesh Insert High Waist Bikini. Another useful trick to keep in mind when buying bikinis is to look out for separate tops and bottoms. This allows you to find the exact sizes and styles you are looking for without compromising on one-half of the ensemble.
- Don’t Overlook a Print. For many years, we were told that black and dark colours have a slimming effect. And while black can provide a sleeker silhouette, it is not the only way to create those slim lines. Nowadays, fashion is all about embracing your curves and feeling confident in your skin. As such, don’t limit yourself to those dreary dark hues only. Go crazy and colourful and stand out this summer. Why not give our quirky Floral Fantasy Twisted Tankini a try? Or, if you’re feeling a little wilder, let the animal prints loose with our Animal Twist Bikini Set.
- Don’t Avoid Colours. Speaking of not simply sticking to black, remember to add a splash of fun colour. A pop of colour is such a great mood booster and adds to the carefree, fun appeal your swimwear should offer. So, instead of staying under the radar, it’s time to flaunt your stuff. It’s the perfect way to express yourself and look good while doing so. You could combine bright colours with a striking animal print with the Tribe Vibes Animal Colourblock Bikini or you could experiment with shades of soft pastels with our Sport Spaghetti Colourblock High Waist Bikini.
- Don’t Forget the Monokini. The monokini is the dream combo when it comes to swimwear. It has enough of the coverage of a one-piece, but all the sassiness of a bikini. It is also incredibly flattering, especially if you boast a pear shape or have curvaceous hips. Some of our favourite monokinis available in our store are the Rose One Shoulder Mesh, the Sipping Cocktails Black White Monokini, and the Phuket Wrapped Tie Back.
- Don’t Underestimate Ruching. Finally, don’t forget about using texture to your advantage. A ruched bodice (like the Hermanus Ruched Cami Tankini) can flatter any figure while also emphasising all the right places.
If you are on the lookout for plus size swimwear, don’t hesitate to contact Lu-May today. Remember that you can either visit our stores or shop online if you don’t live in the area as we deliver nationwide.