Styling Trends for Jerseys this Winter
Winter is fast approaching! In fact, the cold seems to already be upon us, with quite a few chilly days plaguing us the past few weeks.
However, this is certainly not a call for mourning in Lu-May Exclusive Wear’s books, because now it can officially be jersey season. Who doesn’t love cuddling up in a cosy jersey with a mug of their favourite hot beverage? And, of course, cosiness doesn’t mean that your fashion sense has to take a hike. So, we’ve decided to share with you the best ways to style outfits incorporating jerseys this winter.
Jerseys and Jeans: A Perfect Pair
There are two items of clothing that seem to just seamlessly fit together come winter: jeans and jerseys. Yes, step aside peanut butter and jelly, there’s a new perfect pair taking over.
However, many people have become bored due to the seemingly simple nature of these clothing items. After all, jeans are just jeans and jerseys are shapeless, right? Wrong! There are actually several ways to style the perfect outfit with just these two pieces. Here are some of the looks that are trending this season:
- Give it a “twist”: A wrapped, or twist, sweater can sass up any pair of jeans. With its more feminine design, you will automatically feel softer and classier. We would suggest choosing soft, pastel colours paired with lighter jeans, like our gorgeous Tiffany Deep V Twist sweater.
- No slouching matter: A slouchy jersey is perfect for a casual day out and about. And, when paired with a pair of slim-cut, ripped jeans, the look goes from drab to edgy in seconds. Our France Turtle Neck Knit Sweater is perfect for this and, if you’re not a fan of the ripped look, you can pair it with our Lady Gaga Faux Leather High Waist Skinny Pants to still achieve the same slim look.
- Don’t be distressed: Speaking of turtleneck jerseys, they’re very in this season. Especially when paired with distressed jeans. Just have a look at our Utah Turtleneck Pullover and you’ll see what we mean.
- Ribbed for the win: The ribbed sweater is probably one of the most popular types of sweaters. It comes in so many variations, each with its own pros. We would suggest our Snuggle Time Open Cold Shoulder Sweater for a sexy, yet elegant, spin on this look. Pair it with dark jeans for a classy and cool look.
Other Ways to Style Jerseys
Of course, jeans aren’t the only great pairing with sweaters. There are a ton of ways to style your winter look. Here are some extra styling ideas so that you can start planning your outfit:
- Combat-ready: Nothing says cool like a pair of combat boots. Style them with an oversized sweater and you will have the perfect grunge look.
- Dress it up: A new trend that is sweeping the world is pairing a jersey with a dress. This can be done with any type of dress, though we would suggest a maxi (like our Hazyview Open Back Ruffled Maxi Dress) for the most coverage against the cold.
- Let’s get chunky: A chunky belt can go a long way when it comes to adding some shape. Pair that with a sweater and you have a killer team.