Looking Stylish in Winter Clothes
Ah, winter! The season for baggy sweaters and comfy tracksuit pants, right? Well, yes, it is great to cosy up when it’s chillier, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t look stylish wearing winter clothes. Lu-May Exclusive Wear shares our ideas on how to turn a winter wardrobe from drab to fab!
Ideas for Styling Up Your Winter
It may be winter, but that doesn’t mean you need to sacrifice your fashion sense. So, let’s get into Lu-May’s favourite wardrobe tricks for the winter months:
- Layers: Layering your winter clothes is a stylish way to stay warm and it’s perfect for a South African winter, where you may have to take off a layer or two when the sun comes out to play. Start with a simple shirt or blouse, like our Zara Mesh Top. Then, add a jersey, like the Forest Walk Sweater. If you are feeling super chilly, add another layer, like a jacket or coat. We’d suggest the Elsa fleece for those nippy days.
- Statement coats: Since winter tends to call for muted tones, why not add a statement coat for a splash of colour? One of our top picks is the pink Clara Coat.
- Tight pants: This season’s outfits can often be chunky, like sweaters, but they are ideal to tuck into tighter bottoms. Our Carnival Button Skinny Pants would pair amazingly with any oversized sweater or puff sleeve blouse.
- Sweaters and skirts: You don’t have to limit yourself to only pants for your winter clothes. With a warm pair of stockings, there’s no reason you can’t look sleek and sophisticated in a skirt. Pair the Lara Pleated High Waist Skirt with a tucked-in sweater, and you’ll look simply gorgeous. Add a statement belt to cinch in the waist and you will be in style for the day.
- Accessorise: Accessories are great to experiment and play around with. Any outfit can go from zero to stunning with the right accessories. If you want to update your selection, check out our statement jewellery, handbags, and hats.
Shop at Lu-May to stay on trend this season with your winter clothes.