Dress for Your Body Type: The Unspoken Rule to Choosing the Right Beachwear
Many women feel that if they had the right swimsuit, they would spend way more time on the beach with their kids or at the pool with their friends and partner. Swimwear either has the power to make a woman feel like a goddess or shatter a woman’s image of herself for eternity (especially in those ghastly cubicles under fluorescent lights). At Lu-May Exclusive Wear, we believe that every woman’s body is unique and perfect, but if you want to ramp up your game in a suit, that’s perfect for your body type, you must dress for your body type. Here’s how:
- Tall and Skinny – tall and skinny women often like to give the illusion of a little curve, with help from padded tops, textures, and dimension. For instance, a string bottom bikini with ruffles across the top creates a fuller-looking bust. A one-piece swimsuit with side cut-outs gives the illusion of a smaller waist and a curvy figure. If you want to enhance skinny legs and a round bottom, climb into a pair of high-cut bottoms.
- Pear Shape – if you’re curvy at the hips and thighs and smaller on top, you need beachwear that draws attention to your upper body. One-piece bathers or solid skirtinis with brightly coloured tops will flaunt the bust while minimising the legs.
- Apple Shape – if you are apple-shaped, you are voluminous in the bust and shoulders, with a rounder tummy and slim legs. To smooth out your middle and highlight your legs, choose a block colour or retro-inspired high-waisted bottom or tankini style suit that provides ample tummy coverage.
- Hourglass – if you have a well-defined waist with a full bust and curvy hips, then you’re lucky enough to look fabulous in any style. However, if you want to turn heads, jump into a high-leg bikini or a full-piece with cut outsides. Just make sure that the top supports your breasts with thick underwire, and the waistband sits just above your hip bone area, as this will enhance your curves.
- Full-Figure – if you have a full figure, then the first golden rule is to find a suit that will accentuate your bust and create the illusion of a long, lean body. The first rule of thumb is to avoid solid colours and wear bright colours on parts you want to flaunt and dark shades on the areas you want to play down. To add length to your body, choose a one-piece with prints from the bust to the hip, and opt for ruching over the stomach area to achieve a smooth flat stomach.
Embrace Your Body with Lu-May Exclusive Wear
It makes no difference whether you’re lazing around the pool, planning to lie on a beach in Mauritius, stand up paddleboarding on the Vaal River, wakeboarding, or scuba diving, you do not need to change your body to find the perfect swimsuit. Instead, choose the style that fits well, accentuates your best, and moves with your body. Flattering beachwear is a must, and Lu-May Exclusive Wear has the perfect beachwear for every shape. Sign up to our newsletter and get 10% off your first order.